Unit Leader and District Awards of Merit
The Unit Leader Award of Merit nomination form and award replaces the former Scoutmaster Award of Merit, Venture Advisor Award of Merit, Cubmaster Award of Merit and Varsity Coach Award of Merit and aligns closely with the Quality Unit requirements. The process for Unit Leader Award of Merit approval in the Del-Mar-Va Council is:
- The Unit Committee Chair completes the application including obtaining the various written statements required.
- The Unit or District Commissioner serving that unit approves the application by signature.
- The application is forwarded to the Outdoor Programs Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to 1910 Baden Powell Way, Dover DE 19904 for Scout Executive Approval and forwarding to the Council Commissioner for final approval.
- The final approved application is submitted to the Council Registrar for recordation in the data system and returned to the Unit Committee Chair.
- The Unit Committee Chair selects and purchases the appropriate recognition items at a Scout Shop by presenting the completed application as proof of completion.
- The Unit makes an appropriate ceremonial presentation to the recipient.
- The application can also be found on the Resources tab in the Council Document Library.
Printable Unit Leader Award of Merit Nomination form (pdf)
The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts. The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. It is the highest award that a District can present. The award is presented annually on the basis of one for each 25 traditional units or a fraction thereof. The District Award of Merit Committee for each district will make the recommendation of those to receive the award. Nominations for individuals who have given exceptional service to youth are welcome by December 31st of each year.
Printable District Award of Merit Nomination form (pdf)