85 acres of the former 200 acre Kesselring family farm, the new Scout Camp is bordered by two county parks, an elementary school and many suburban neighborhoods. The Kesselring family wished for their familys' legacy of caring for the earth to continue and take on a new form as open recreation space. The property is in Kent County, just south of the City of Dover and north of the Town of Wyoming. The centerpiece of the property will be an 8 acre manmade lake. The lake will boast a 1000 seat outdoor arena, boat dock, and an island. The property will also be home to the Scout Service Center serving the entire Del-Mar-Va Peninsula.
Akridge Campsite 6 is capable of holding 40 people.
General Campsite Information:
· -Primitive camping only at this point (just bare sites)
· -Firewood is available, please only used dead or downed wood
· -1 established fire pit in each site
· -Do not build new ground fire pits or move existing fire pit
· -Restroom located in activity lodge (3 individual restrooms accessible from pond side of building)
· -No showers available