Internet Rechartering Is Here - It's Easy, Convenient & Accurate
Internet Rechartering is a Web-based method for units to renew their charters from any online location such as the office, home, or public library. It's easy, convenient, and accurate because you enter the information yourself!
A representative of your unit can now complete the paperwork for renewing a charter online. From Internet Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization.
How to Use
Training on Internet Rechartering is being set up within each district - visit your district's homepage for details. Each unit will receive its Charter Renewal Package as usual. This year, the packet includes information for Internet Rechartering, including an access code especially for each unit. The unit selects an adult to complete the online process. This renewal "processor" uses the access code to log onto the Internet Rechartering Web site, selecting whether to start the process with current ScoutNet data, or data from unit-management software. At anytime, the renewal processor can suspend the electronic rechartering process and return later to the last complete screen.
The system lets you enter new members, renew current members and update information for any registrant. When completed, the new unit roster is submitted to ScoutNet and a Unit Charter Renewal Report Package is printed. This package includes the unit charter application. Acquire the signatures for the application, attach applications and fees and take entire package to your district's "Recharter Turn-in Meeting". Additionally, anyone who wants to learn more about how Internet Rechartering works can take the interactive Internet Rechartering tutorial below and view the Online Help. Please note that you will need to have Internet Explorer 5.5 or better to use this new Internet Rechartering feature.
To renew a charter online:
- Sixty days before your unit's expiration date, select an adult renewal processor.
- The renewal processor attends their district roundtable to receive training and the unit access code.
- Sixty to 45 days before the unit's expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now and begins the process.
- When the online process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
- The unit leader and the Executive Officer (Institution Head) sign the charter renewal application. Bring the application along with the material you received in your recharter packet (such as the Quality Unit application), and all appropriate fees to your district's charter turn-in meeting.
Visit the Council Library(click here) and go to the Unit Recharter Folder for downloadable resources to support your re-charter process.
District Internet Rechartering Training - dates, times, and locations - (please visit your district's news section via the right side of the main Council homepage.
District Recharter Turn-in Meetings - (please visit your district's homepage)
Implementation Plan - Overall schedule.
Access Windows - Check to see the months your unit will be able to do Internet Rechartering.
Recharter Forms - Contains all documentation needed to Recharter.
Questions & Answers - FAQ about Internet Rechartering.